Old 06-13-22, 02:43 PM
diphthong
velo-dilettante

Bikes: 85 pinarello treviso steel, 88 nishiki olympic steel. 95 look kg 131 carbon, 11 trek madone 5.2 carbon

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1628 Post(s)
Liked 3,114 Times in 1,683 Posts
picked van baarle, hirschi, pidcock, mader and aranburu for those classics-styled stage profiles of which there are a few. picked hirschi (even w/o the results since the move to uae) and mader because of the swiss connection. also wanted to take schar-oh well.
vlasov, seppuku and pidcock for the mountains. felix da haus cat with the freshie legs is the wild card. absolutely did not (want to) take bettiol but somehow he ended up on my team. haven't been able to figure out whom he got subbed for or if i was just drunk dialing...er...selecting.
wanted to get schachmann onto the squad as well but just couldn't make it happen with vlasov aboard. said eff it with the last stage itt and wasn't going to carry a rider or two in the hopes that they actually made it to the last stage, much less did well.

do like the fact that pogacar is engaging in zero, warm-up tours pre-tour. throws even more uncertainty into the july proceedings. not that i'm expecting tadej to get discounted down to 16-18 points...

Last edited by diphthong; 06-14-22 at 04:41 PM.