guadzilla
Pointy Helmet Tribe

Bikes: R5, Allez Sprint, Shiv

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 519 Post(s)
Liked 627 Times in 295 Posts
Originally Posted by WhyFi
Oooooh - a refreshed R5 with the tucked cockpit that they've put on the Cal 5 and new Aspero would be awesome.
... but waiting that long would not be awesome.
Yeah, seriously.... i dont NEED this bike, especially as i am gonna be on the TT bike for most of the next 3.5 months, training for IM Kazakhstan. But i have an event coming up which warrants celebration, and i figured a nice watch and a nice bike would be the perfect combo. This is definitely a "want not need", so that makes waiting that much harder

The R5 was a great bike, but something about a Colnago C64 just sings to me - if the ride quality is what it is made out to be, this would be the top of my list. Well, that and the Aethos: everything i read about it sounds like it might also work very well. Plus it is cheaper than the C64 (always a good thing).

Of course, it likely will be 2022 before i get a freaking groupset... so there is that as well.

Originally Posted by primov8
Not that I’m looking 😗 but a Ridley Noah Fast or the new Storck Aerfast3 would be what I’d consider.
Only thing is the Ridley tire clearance is 28mm and the Aerfast3 delivery date is late July-early August.
The Ridley Noah Fast definitely looks awesome - but i have a Venge (or rather, I will have a Venge, as soon as Spesh gets around to finding a crash replacement frame for me), so am not fussed about aero on this bike, Focus is entirely on ride characteristics and pride of ownership - something that puts a big grin on my face.

The C64 is also 2-4 months waitlist, so i am resigned to a long wait. My local shop has a Factor O2 available immediately, but i am not sure how it rides, relative to the O2 VAM. Have emailed Factor, lets see what they say.

Last edited by guadzilla; 05-05-21 at 12:55 PM.