OldRailfan
Old enough, hmmm?

Bikes: DeVinci, Bianchi, Nishiki, RBSM Mud Adder

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked 113 Times in 82 Posts
Originally Posted by delbiker1
I turned 69 earlier this month. I am on a 5000 mile pace this year, that will give me a bit over 41,000 since the start of 2014. Before that year, I had probably done 3000 in a year at some point, but never 4,000. 2020 Covid year was my highest mileage at 8000. For a long time, I have said that if I get into the 80's, I would like to still be pedaling regularly.
The most I used to do was in my Tri phase, 2000+ K a season in addition to the running and swimming. Since I'm a lousy swimmer running and cycling had to make up for that ... and they did.
Fast forward by 35 years; when Covid-19 raised it's ugly head our XC skiing venue shut down early. Two weeks of rest and I was on the bike and started on the 3120 K total for last season.
The driving factor apart from the virus was the skiing season. I swore that there would be no lax start up to the '20 -'21 Winter. Total distance on snow 1035 K..

Scuttle-butt on the street is that the season (enough snow) could be unofficially under way by the 3rd week of October, the official season start is Nov. 5th.
How many more K on the bikes? I should get close to last season's score.

When people ask "How are you?" my quip is "Not bad for a guy my age, my size and my disposition". The age 76, size 173 cm (5ft 8") disposition wellll...

Last edited by OldRailfan; 09-30-21 at 11:02 PM.