Old 06-13-22, 07:44 AM
Rocket-Sauce 
Port

Bikes: 2022 Soma Fog Cutter, 2021 Calfee Draqonfly 44, 1984 Peter Mooney, 2017 Soma Stanyan, 1990 Fuji Ace, 1990 Bridgestone RB-1, 1995 Independent Fabrications Track, 2003 Calfee Dragonfly Pro

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 986 Post(s)
Liked 1,870 Times in 1,065 Posts
Originally Posted by jamesdak
Took this back out yesterday and I just cannot get speed out of it. Feels like it's fighting me at each pedal stroke. 12 miles into the route I've got the slowest portion done and yesterday I hit it at a 18.6 mph ave pace. The day was totally calm. Normally that means and easy 'nother 12 miles to get the pace into the 19 mph range. But not yesterday. Just can't get and keep any real speed going. I need to look closer at the used cassette I put on this, maybe I've got some wear issues going on. I finished the ride at 18.5 mph avg and it felt like my hardest ride of the year. In contrast, the previous day I was out on the Coppi and that bike felt so light and responsive under me with each pedal stroke. I did a whole lot of stopping to take pictures on this ride yet each time I took back off the Coppi leaped to speed. I even ran the Coppi up above 28 mph and then held it above 25 mph for awhile. It was just cruising at those speeds. Never even saw those kinds of speed on the Calfee. Not sure what to think of this one...
OK, this just doesn't make sense. Both of mine feel nothing like that. Hitting average speeds just feels easier on my Calfees, and they seem to leap forward with each pedal turn.

Is anything rubbing? Are you sure the wheels are aligned? Maybe the BB?
Likes For Rocket-Sauce: