View Single Post
Old 08-10-22, 09:32 AM
m.c. 

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked 111 Times in 62 Posts
Originally Posted by _ForceD_
Sorry to sidetrack the OP’s issue, but can someone explain Bikeflight’s involvement here. If the customer has to drop the bike off at the USP store, what service is Bikeflight providing? I mean are they just a “middleman” since you drop the bike off at a UPS store to be shipped? I’ve never used Bikeflight, but instead of paying for their service, isn’t it possible, and cheaper, to just cut them out and ship the bike yourself without their involvement?

Dan
Bikeflights is convenient in some situations. I've used them when buying things out of state. I will have the seller take the bike to a bikeflights listed LBS, pay the shop to pack it and arrange with bikeflights to have UPS collect it from the LBS. You can also have them pick it up from the sellers house if the seller can package it. The shipping isn't very expensive with them and the insurance is cheap. Only once did UPS say a bike was lost then it turned out it was on a truck and not scanned into the system. I hope the OP gets his bikes back.
Likes For m.c.: