View Single Post
Old 02-07-23, 09:36 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by GhostRider62
How is a murder or attempted murder related to politics or generational differences. Bizarre.

There has always been bad people in the world which of course is the source of this conflict.

I can tell you why motorists hate cyclists where I live. Cyclist break the law. They ride 3 and 4 up when the law requires single file. Motorists get pissed and eventually it sours into hatred. If that hatred goes further, then one must be prepared to defend oneself if possible. I suppose I should have a video camera on my bike but the aesthetics offend me.

I think it's the other way around because there's absolutely no evidence that cyclists are any less or more law abiding than drivers. Drivers routinely speed, turn or change lanes without signaling, roll through the first seconds of a red light, take rolling stops at stop signs, pass unsafely on the right, etc. People don't remember incidents of this because it's just considered normal. But because drivers see far fewer cyclists and are inclined to hate their presence on the road because it necessitates more care on their part, they vividly remember any time they see a cyclist violate a law, no matter how trivial the offense.
Likes For livedarklions: