View Single Post
Old 12-17-20, 07:57 AM
sloppy12

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked 252 Times in 147 Posts
can I get a rundown on BMX bikes?

So I am not a BMX guy rode some as a kid went MTB and road first chance I got never looked back. Its cool I like to watch it just not my thing. We do have a nice pump track ten minutes from house Kids dig it, so do I. Oldest (8 years old) now wants a BMX cause "real" daddy bought him a POS and took him to skate park to watch him fall down. I am not gonna put the kid on a POS to bomb around the pump track or skate park, I also dont expect this kid to stick with a BMX he wont push his MTB hard so I just dont buy this entire concept.

at any rate I would like to pick up used maybe a HARO, old mongoose whatever( I dont know what is good). I can rebuild, paint, replace parts, I also don't know how to size these things kid is pretty tall(4'9" long legs) for his age current ride a trek 820 13" frame it fits him great and he can toss it around at the pump track when he wants to. estimate of where I am price wise for used bike and rebuild? Would I be crazy to just swap bars on the trek 820 switch it a single speed and call it done? I have a rigid fork i could toss on it to dump the shock to. His biggest issue at least that he admitted is shifting is to hard, and he wants to do tricks.

Can I possibly get this done by Xmas? lol