Old 06-09-21, 07:18 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4355 Post(s)
Liked 3,994 Times in 2,665 Posts
Originally Posted by MtlClimb
Yeah, I know what you mean. With the Intuvia, it kind of doesn’t match the super high-tech specs of the bike (gates belt drive, Rohloff, dual suspension, super bright lights, etc.). However, I was actually thinking the Intuvia might work better with winter riding as it can get pretty cold up here (usually around -20 C or around -4 F typically during late Dec, Jan and Feb). I’m thinking the lower the tech, the better when it comes to screen? And with my phone, I could always just pocket it on those super cold days or put it in a cozy.
I don't know that either one will be better in the cold, the Nyon is too new to have any cold weather testing in real time at least for our shop. The Intuvia has not had problems yet as far as I have seen on any customers but knowing Bosch I doubt any of them would really have problems.