Old 06-23-21, 06:26 AM
hydrocarbon

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 18 Posts
Originally Posted by MtlClimb
I actually took a screenshot from Propel’s video of the Load 60 and circled the part I was trying to mount it to. However, this is only my 2nd post so it still wouldn’t let me upload lol maybe a few more replies.

So it wouldn’t be mounted vertically flat on the bar. It would be mounted with a RAM bar mount to a 6” extender that takes a ball head Quad Lock mount with a vibration dampener. So the phone (in theory) would be diagonally facing me. My issue with the Bosch Nyon is the turn-by-turn is much much slower than Google Maps and I like the dynamic nature of Google Maps on my phone (I can add a stop, remove a stop, get suggestions on faster routes, get notifications of accidents, etc).

My original question of finding the diameter is that the RAM bar mount has different sizes. I think the Large would be my fit (should fit a diameter of 1.25” to 1.5” bar). So hopefully that will work.

I’m looking forward to my Load 60 Rohloff. I got the dual batteries as well but got the basic Intuvia display since these screens get outdated fast anyway and I upgrade my phone every year. Unfortunately you can’t get the smartphone hub with the Rohloff or that would’ve been my option. I have a kid myself but really the Load will be used for my day-to-day errands. Currently I’m getting by with a Tern Vektron which gets packed to the gills when doing groceries, etc. A real beast for a folding bike with 20” wheels!
I have the 60 and the 75; I'll go measure and let you know.
What I normally use is mounting systems with stretchy rubber straps that adapt to whatever diameter for holding stuff. You can use hose clamps or whatever too, but it's nice to be able to take things on and off easily without tools and without messing up the finish.