Old 06-28-21, 02:52 AM
hydrocarbon

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 18 Posts
Here's a photo of the new L60 from last week:

Since then I've added the blackout Supermoto-X tires, 203/220 mm Magura floating discs, a handy little nylon bag for keys and tools on the back of the box (can take a photo if you like) and I'm deciding whether to go with MT5e or MT7 brakes or stick with the stock Tektros. The C2.3s are better than the Auriga ones on the 75, but nothing beats the power, control and feel of the quad-piston Magura stuff. I'm going to try an air shock just to see how that feels, too. Just needs a mild speed tune and a steering damper, then it should be more or less perfect.

One underappreciated mod is to have two bells with different tones; one on each side of the bar. People can get startled when a big cargo rig passes unexpectedly from behind, and a friendly hi-lo ring helps things immensely with that. You can also make twice as much noise when you need to, as well.

Oh yeah, one small thing I would also recommend is to install a mudguard extension. These will kick up a lot of spray and grime onto your back in wet/windy conditions without one. The one I like is made by Fahrer; if you drill holes and install it with real bolts or rivets instead of the wimpy zip-ties it comes with, it integrates perfectly with the SKS fenders.

Last edited by hydrocarbon; 06-28-21 at 02:57 AM.