View Single Post
Old 04-19-21, 09:37 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10970 Post(s)
Liked 7,496 Times in 4,192 Posts
Originally Posted by tedder987
So folks, are Bitex hubs plenty good (go with #2), or should I save maintenance $ down the line (go with #3) or am I just over thinking it given I don't race and should just save the money and go for #4?
- You are 210 pounds, that isnt exactly excessivly heavy. You dont need overly built wheels for road cycling at that weight.
- A handbuilt 28hole wheelset with j-bend butted spokes and brass nipples will last for years and years under normal use.

- I have bitex hubs on my main road bike and my gravel bike. I love em. They are light and work perfectly for multiple years now...which is about all I need hubs to do. I have RA12 hubs on my main road bike and 106 hubs on my gravel bike. They came from prowheelbuilder.com on some handbuilt wheels.

- Maybe call prowheelbuilder.com and talk with them? They have countless combinations for hubs, rims, spokes, and nipples. Maybe your bitex wheelset options are from there, not sure. I have no idea about the kinlin rim, but I do have HplusSon Hydra rims on my disc wheelset and those are 20internal 25 external while weighing 62g less than the kinlin rim. Those have been perfectly fine for me so far(at 215# and more). 28h front and 32h rear.