Old 07-07-21, 08:37 PM
sdimattia

Bikes: Wabi Classic, Bombtrack Hook, Bombtrack Tension, Vitus Substance

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked 86 Times in 56 Posts
Originally Posted by LarrySellerz
a local bike shop (more like a huge sports store that is eating up local bikes shops but whatever) is offering to order me a track bike/fixie, might do that instead, they dont have an account with wabi. Bike shops are saying its a bad idea to order a bike online, are they lying to me? Im a bad bike mechanic. The sports store said they would build a bike I bought online for about 200 bucks which sounds ridiculous to me
If you don't have any experience buying bikes (in person or online) then yes, maybe buying a bike online for the first time will be overwhelming with regards to purchasing the correct frame size. Especially since it is online and you can't size it in person. If you are familiar with what size you might want (also ask around for references/comparisons here on the forum), then there's no reason to not buy online. Even for the most mechanically challenged, most information can be had on the internet, particularly on Youtube. And as jay4usc mentioned, Wabi's come 90% assembled. I'd avoid huge sport stores like Dick's as their bike skills and knowledge tend to be lacking.