Thread: Honda Element
View Single Post
Old 09-14-21, 06:59 PM
Ironfish653
Dirty Heathen

Bikes: 1997 Cannondale, 1976 Bridgestone, 1998 SoftRide, 1989 Klein, 1989 Black Lightning #0033

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 889 Post(s)
Liked 906 Times in 534 Posts
Originally Posted by topflightpro
Honda Elements are basically the perfect bicyclist vehicle. Unfortunately, they haven't been manufactured in many years, so pickings are slim for good ones.

Another option to look at is the Ford Flex. It's not particularly attractive - but hey, if we were already talking about the Element, we're not too concerned about looks - but it's a pretty solid vehicle for bike hauling.
Having had both vehicles, I'd actually give the nod to the Element. The Flex is a big, big car, but it's primary mission is as a three-row people hauler. With the rear seats folded, it's pretty long and flat, but it's not very high. (you can't stand bikes up, like the E) The roof on the Flex, while lower than an Element, is still almost 6 feet high. It is HUGE though, like aircraft carrier big. You can (if you wanted) fit two sets of THULE racks up there, one forward, and one aft, if you want to be your own TdF support caravan.
I actually like the look of it, but then I've had a bunch of station wagons, so I'm partial to the shape. That, and I needed a 6+ passenger vehicle that wasn't a full-size SUV or a Minivan.

For versatility and hauling space, it's hard to beat a minivan, though (as much as I dislike driving them)
Likes For Ironfish653: