Old 12-05-22, 12:14 AM
Velo Mule

Bikes: Trek 800 x 2, Schwinn Heavy Duti, Schwinn Traveler, Schwinn Le Tour Luxe, Schwinn Continental, Cannondale M400 and Lambert, Schwinn Super Sport

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 809 Post(s)
Liked 1,022 Times in 665 Posts
Super Sport with Postino Handlebars

Here is the Super Sport with Velo Orange Postino handlebars.

The Postino bars are flat. The Super Sport has a 95mm stem. This places my hands right about inline with the steering axis.

I have one unexpected complaint with these bars; they place my hands closer than I would would like to my hips and my knees. I think I would prefer something that places my hands more forward. Which is why I wanted to try the bullhorn bars. I will continue to ride on these handlebars when I get a chance. I already straightened out the handlebar to wheel relationship. The rear brake cable housing is too long because I didn't want to cut it down yet since these handlebars may not be final. The grips are temporary as well.

Suggestions accepted with the caution that I don't want to spend a lot of money on something that I may not keep. For instance the Nitto Albastache handlebar looks interesting, particularly the set up that Russ at Path Less Traveled settled on. But at over $120 plus shipping, it ain't happening.

I'll report back again after getting some miles on this Postino's. It may take some times because I have personal/family issues pulling me away.

What do you think if these Postino handlebars?
Likes For Velo Mule: