View Single Post
Old 04-20-21, 10:06 PM
rholland1951

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 534 Post(s)
Liked 1,750 Times in 891 Posts
Originally Posted by Ghazmh
Early this morning I loaded my Evergreen into my Fit and headed to the Northern Rail Trail just north of Concord NH for the first time. I rode 30 miles out and 30 back on a crushed stone trail. It was kinda sorta almost like the CCRT except nothing like it. It too is a rail trail except it is crushed stone and has no amenities along the way,,,at all. Bring plenty of snacks and water and don’t worry too much about a miles long desperate search before finding a porta potty. Having a perfectly crafted gravel bike with plush 40mm tires ensured I skimmed along at a roadworthy pace. After 4 hours of gravel grinding without once turning on a blinking light I must have crossed paths with about a dozen other folks, I was wearing my blue Rapha buff, everyone was wiithout masks and all gave me the same dirty look I got when I rode without a face covering around here.

That looks like a good ride. Perhaps time to see if one of my kids would like to explore it with me, once everybody finishes getting shot up.

rod
Likes For rholland1951: