Old 02-16-22, 08:37 AM
spelger

Bikes: yes, i have one

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1124 Post(s)
Liked 1,171 Times in 682 Posts
Originally Posted by gthomson
Whatever option you choose make sure you get a big fan to cool down the engine! I personally have a TacX Vortex wheel on trainer with an older 9 speed aluminum bike and a full 12 month subscription to Zwift. I ride 3, maybe 4 times/week in the winter and once/week in the summer if it's raining or stinky hot. At that price point, I'm comfortable with the number of rides I get out my set up. Would spending more make me ride more? maybe, but only out of guilt for the money I spent.

Always nice and tired after a group ride or race and my legs are still sore despite only simulating about 8% gradient. The numbers on Zwift are a little wonky anyways so I don't pay much attention to the accuracy and just enjoy the exercise.
Just an FYI, i only pay for zwift during the winter months. when i am not a paying customer i still use zwift in a limited way, they allow up to a 25 KM ride before a notice comes up to ask you to join. i dismiss the notice and continue to ride. i've done this this a few times over the summer for similar reasons as you. in fact, right now i am not a zwift paying customer and recently did a workout in the makuri islands, about 40KM. I just restart my subscription when the time comes.

disclaimer: it never really rains here.