Old 04-02-21, 12:17 AM
base2 
I am potato.

Bikes: Only precision built, custom high performance elitist machines of the highest caliber. 🍆

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1790 Post(s)
Liked 1,631 Times in 934 Posts
Originally Posted by MattCycle
At what point do motorized bicycles and scooters become motorized vehicles and should be regulated as such? Unpopular opinion, most cycling incidents I have seen or been apart of, have been because one or more parties were being stupid. The car that almost hit you would do so if you were in a car. Its not personal. Add a generation that can't even drive, and people who would have otherwise self selected themselves out of cycling, and give them a motor? But the state would have to enforce any of its current laws and there is a reason insurance is high in California (look for how many expired tags you see on the road; they're not insured and probably aren't licensed).
The solution is to make any accident presumed liability on the unlicensed vehicle, & make the penalty for any unlicensed vehicle automatic impoundment.

I'll bet the insurance & tow companies would back such a measure.

The uncomfortable truth is America is a third world nation with no regard for laws, order, or personal responsibility.

Car dependency is a tax.