Old 03-03-23, 01:41 PM
Kilroy1988 

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 981 Post(s)
Liked 1,844 Times in 609 Posts
Semi-Upright Bars for Long & Comfortable Rides

Howdy folks,

My Mercian Campionissimo was due for new bar tape, so I decided to spend some time last night throwing some Velo Orange porteur bars on it to test out. With the old SR randonneur bars I was able to ride a couple of super comfortable century rides last year, but I like the idea of being somewhat more upright to enjoy the scenery. I took a couple mile ride around the neighborhood this morning as I am short on free time at the moment, and immediately noticed that I liked the increased steering control with these bars and felt like I wasn't bending my neck much to be more aware of my surroundings.

However, I must have hit some kind of weird middle ground where I didn't feel much increase on pressure on the seat, but I did notice additional pressure on my wrists from disengaging my core. I am wondering if this is typical for the style of bars and seating position I've acquired... I imagined being able to go out for long rides with these bars and enjoy myself more than with the drop bars, but the wrists are an important thing to consider!

Any experience or suggestions? Cheers!

-Gregory

Likes For Kilroy1988: