Troul 

Bikes: RSO E-tire dropper fixie brifter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 2,989 Times in 1,922 Posts
Originally Posted by VicBC_Biker
Here's a 'real world' analogy:
You go into a bike shop for the first time. You don't know anybody there. When they are getting the invoice ready, they ask for your phone number.
As soon as you give it to them, they start reciting a list of your friends from the past 20 years, and showing you their pictures.
Would that be 'normal'? 'welcome'?
I wouldn't be comfortable in a place where my name and address was displayed on a large roadside screen if I crossed against the amber light, but that happens, too.....
Anyway, I didn't think Strava advertised itself as a 'social media' site.
Would folks here be happy if BikeForum harvested their email contacts (and sold them)?
worse could be; You walk into the random lbs to go look & potentially buy a new bicycle. The clerk has on the counter a tube, some random hardware, & an invoice. You walk up to them to ask if they could assist you, but before you could ask, they hand you that invoice to which is for the tube & hardware to repair your broken bicycle at home since the lbs calculated your thoughts before you could & figured out that you couldn't see paying the price tag for the bicycle that you were about to look at & want after asking for assistance.