Old 01-25-18, 01:37 AM
gerundium

Bikes: BMC

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by tetonrider
0.4 w/kg is a pretty big gap, esp for 'average' size riders.

interpolation is pretty common, but if you've got large steps it's not so great for level-setting.

a long ramp is quite useful, but the steps should also be pretty tight. sounds like this is supposed to be an MLSS test of sorts, but without the lactate testing (which is very useful).

i like ramp tests (taking them and administering them). 3' steps and 20w increments is something of a standard, to the degree that there is one.

0.4 w/kg is a pretty big step indeed for your average rider. I think it's determined because of the elite population they wanted to use it on. Test time would be around 1 hour in total for them.

i liked the slow protocol of it though, your heart rate and RPE could really settle in during a wattage block. This for me gave me the idea i could really tell quite accurately at which block i went out of endurance and where my threshold was at. i have some decent anaerobic power so with a lot of tests i've tried i had the idea that i would overestimate threshold and here i didn't have that feeling at all.