Old 12-12-19, 01:00 PM
burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
Zwift can be funny too when folks don't realize at first what's going on. I see some people just cruising for a group ride, or picked up folks to cruise with. They'll be doing like 22mph or something at a decent tempo. Then I'm trying to do some under/overs and wind up flying past folks. Then during the rest periods the groups catch up and fly by.

I did two under over workouts this week. My "third" will be the cross race on Sunday. I plan to repeat the plan of 3 under/over or threshold workouts per week till year end in hopes to hit a new 20min number for 2019. I'm already 5w better than last year, but that was just as part of a workout or a team time trial on Zwift. I'm gunning for 15w total. I'll take it being 10w shy of my goal because my mid-range and top end at the end of this year have gotten ludicrously better. Last year this time I could hold my own on the in-town WNW ride in summer, and challenge a segment or two. But never ever "get away". This year, despite the group constantly setting new avg speeds records for the route.....I'm getting away a lot.

Hope I have fun Sunday. Off after work to get some tires for that bike. The super dry tires won't work so well if it rains like they say it will.

I'm also one level up on Zwift from finally getting some decent wheels. I want the 808's to run on the TT bike on there. My CdA seems worse on Zwift than real life by a long shot given the power and speeds I see on there.

I've also adopted a new strategy on the TT bike training. I'm not a long course triathlete. So, it isn't anything but annoying to ride for a few hours in a really aero non-triathlon friendly position. Just go out and do some pursuits, 3x8min, or a virtual TT and be done. Have fun. Make the TT bike rides a max of the length event I'd ever do, a 40k. So, an hour.
Likes For burnthesheep: