View Single Post
Old 12-15-19, 10:49 AM
Ghazmh

Bikes: 2022 Salsa Beargrease, 2020 Seven Evergreen, 2019 Honey Allroads Ti, 2018 Seven Redsky XX, 2017 Trek Boon 7, 2014 Trek 520

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 696 Post(s)
Liked 910 Times in 487 Posts
Originally Posted by NomarsGirl
I hope she got a bath!!
in a manner of speaking, yes. Since the roads weren’t recently salted I just let everything dry out then gently wiped and swept about 3 pounds of sand with a few different sized soft brushes. I then used a firm bristled brush for the drivetrain followed by some fresh chain lube. I also pulled the tires to get the underside of the fenders. I lay a sheet of paper under the workstand to catch the wet, greasy sandy mess. It only took about 10 minutes to get Veronica ready for today’s Sunday ride. Which was 42 miles and thankfully only requires a light cleaning. In all I rode 103 miles this week, more specifically this weekend as I am winding down the year. 7337 so far for the year. I only need 163 to hit my goal of 7500. As long as we don’t have several major snow events I think I might make it. Then I’m taking all of January off from cycling, except running errands on my hybrid.