View Single Post
Old 05-24-20, 03:25 PM
Bulette

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked 97 Times in 49 Posts
The forecast has been showing chances of rain every day until June -- not that I mind a little rain, but it can still be off putting.

Woke up this morning, no clouds in the early dawn light. Checked the hourly forecast, saw the rain was holding off 8-9 hours until the afternoon. Today was the day. I didn't leave with a real plan, just the goal of getting in the big Imperial Century.

I rode straight-away to the curvy and scenic River Road (a favorite of mine, it seems). Rode that out and back. Following the river downstream and out of the hills made it hard to turn back towards any 'real' elevation, so I pushed east into the prairies to rack up some flat (but windy) miles. I was close to home around 95 miles, so did a small popular circuit in town to finish the ride (the circuit is anything but a chore -- it features some amazing shade all around, and many of the estates have farm-animals that suspiciously eye the passing cyclists).

I'm doing really bad at taking pictures -- so here's a screenshot instead (wish I could figure out how to resize images -- either on BikeForums, or before I upload... oh well, maybe after dinner).

Last edited by Bulette; 05-25-20 at 05:41 AM.
Likes For Bulette: