View Single Post
Old 06-29-22, 11:56 AM
CarrollB

Bikes: Trek Fx2 disc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Purchased a new bike from local bike shop in early June 22. I did the research and knew what brand and model I wanted. Walked in said I want to by a brand X and model X ($879). They let me test ride it in the parking lot, which doesn't really tell you much. I wanted a kickstand and the one from my old bike would not fit. I purchased the stand, they installed the two bolts holding the stand to the bike frame. They adjusted the seat height to fit me, checked the tightness of all screws, pedals, ect. Told me to bring it back in a month and they would adjust the shifting cables. Bike has hydraulic brakes so no adjustment. I ask if they would take my 9-year old bike in trade. Yes, but would only give me $50 and then I had to pay $60 to ship it to the warehouse that buys all their used bikes. I kept my old bike. I bought from the LBS as I took my old bike to them several years ago as I thought the chain ring was worn. They looked at it, said it was ok and didn't charge me. I told them that is why I was buying a new bike from them. No discounts of any kind were offered or expected by me.