Old 08-05-22, 07:58 AM
ehcoplex 

Bikes: '38 Schwinn New World, ’69 Peugeot PX-10, '72 Peugeot PX-10, ‘7? Valgan, '78 Raleigh Comp GS, ’79 Holdsworth Pro, ’80 Peugeot TH-8 tandem, '87 Trek 400T, ‘7? Raleigh Sports, ‘7? Raleigh Superbe, ‘6? Hercules

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 765 Post(s)
Liked 1,604 Times in 766 Posts
Addendum for future reference after a humid pre-breakfast 25mi ride this AM. Shifting is pretty darn good now- no losing the chain, going from the granny to the middle is improved, back and forth from middle to large is very nice. Wee bit of sometimes rubbing in big ring/small cog, but I rarely spend much time in that gear so I can live with it. Shifter is tighter to keep the RD from slipping and trimmed properly on the big ring, but not too stiff, and I can get used to that. Of course I changed several things, so can't 'scientifically' say what has really made the difference. Forgot to mention above that I also put a fresh chain on yesterday. I'm 95% sure that the one that came off isn't significantly worn, but the fresh one I put on is different than those I've been using. Most of my chains are KMC Z8.1- I use hot wax and rotate through several, but I picked up a KMC X8 chain on sale a while back so decided to try it this time. I'm really not sure what the differences are between the two models of chain, but changing to the X8 could be part of the improved shifting.