Thread: Austro Daimler
View Single Post
Old 01-06-24, 09:16 PM
DAbiker2023

Bikes: 1985 Bridgestone T700, 2000 Flite 300, Jamis Sputnik, 77/78 Motobecane Grand Something, Bridgestone CB1, 75 Takara 732, Austro Daimler Inter10

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 24 Times in 13 Posts
AD pix

got some pix with the cellphone. there is remnants of Reynolds Steel tubing decals at the top of the fork blades. dropouts are Shimano. Is equipped with side-pull brakes. Crank is SR Apex 42-52, Shimano 600 ders, Shimano downtuble shifters, drop bars have Diacompe levers (non-drilled), black tape and brown hoods.Araya 27" sew-up rims (bad shape),Logos on saddle worn off. Seatpost is fluted SR. Paint is very faded, with rust on teh chrome ends (no other rust). The Diacpompe brake housing gudes from the top tube had been removed at the bike co-op I volunteer at.. former owner was going to single speed frankenbike it (I talked him out of it), bought it for $20. I had no idea what it was...just didn't seem right to frankenbike it tho....Frame is in remarkable condition other than the rusted chrome. No dents, scrapes, bends.Seatpost and bb came right out. Chromed headset is rusted.. I would like to restore this but I'm up to my neck in rebuilds now (just got the Moto GT back from powder coating). Maybe a resto-mode later this year. Anyone interested in restoring this I'm in north FL (J'ville).

Likes For DAbiker2023: