Old 02-10-21, 09:55 AM
Notso_fastLane

Bikes: 2011 Bent TW Elegance 2014 Carbon Strada Velomobile

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 626 Post(s)
Liked 701 Times in 418 Posts
Originally Posted by 79pmooney
I took Prof. David Wilson's recumbent for a spin 1976. Knew right away that bike was the real deal; that had it been equipped with race gear and wheels, it would be fine ride. (Also caught up to him and rode with him several times. He as not slow. I was faster because I was a mid 20s in form racer and he was middle aged.) But that recumbent lacked on feature that I live for. The dance. (Out of the saddle climbing. My happy place.) Gotta solve that or I have to become unable to ride DFs for me to switch.

Oh, and ever since that ride I have known that a small front wheeled, short wheelbase under the knees steerer was it. I don't see a lot of those.
Mine is a 559 rear, 406 front and it took some getting used to the twitchiness of the steering, but now, I see it as being agile. I only wish it were under-seat steering (USS) instead of a tiller, but I don't care enough to try to modify it.

Velos are an entire different beast of recumbent, and I love mine...unless I'm climbing a big hill, since it does weigh 80 lbs.