Old 07-02-21, 11:05 AM
RChung
Perceptual Dullard

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 919 Post(s)
Liked 1,156 Times in 494 Posts
Originally Posted by surak
Wouldn't you know it, decisions about whether to spend $250+ to replace a defective Garmin head unit often comes with some investigation. The Internet happens to be seeded by those who've had to do the same thing.

I had to check that the Wahoo devices users FB group actually covered the Elemnt, because there are so few complaints about the Elemnt compared to every other product that every product group I joined has. In that case, I'd really have to go looking hard to find a trend opposite to the one that's pretty obvious.
In my day job we use self-selected samples to uncover questions and form hypotheses -- but we don't use "convenience" samples to test those hypotheses. That means that I try not to use my kid's and my own personal experiences to generalize to the entire universe of head units, even though our experiences are about as convenient as we can get. Which isn't to say that sometimes when the statistical analyses are all done the initial convenience samples weren't valid -- often they are. But often the underlying reasons why something happens isn't as clear or as simple as you'd think when you first begin looking at a problem.

On the other hand, Gatorskins are clearly ****.
Likes For RChung: