View Single Post
Old 09-18-21, 01:09 PM
2_i 

Bikes: Trek 730 (quad), 720 & 830, Bike Friday NWT, Brompton M36R & M6R, Dahon HAT060 & HT060, ...

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 840 Post(s)
Liked 336 Times in 251 Posts
Originally Posted by jfouellette
I wonder how well the Revelo fenders are keeping the rider clean. The look as though they could do the job if the tarmac is wet. Under heavy rain conditions, full fenders probably best. As for me, I don t expect on riding in a downpour. i sense a compromise between better fenders or transportability.
Any shield, however partial, helps. In the end, though, it is the issue whether your clothes go straight into the washer after the ride or whether you continue with your life irrespective of what the weather was. My situation is of riding no matter what the weather situation, alternatives practically not existing if the weather turned sour, and duties awaiting at the other end. Some designs are indeed such that coming up with fenders for them means starting another engineering problem maybe just as serious as the original of a convenient fold. People come up with different designs, assuming that this and that will get solved at the very end, but then they never get to addressing the issue.