Old 10-24-21, 08:58 AM
Ironfish653
Dirty Heathen

Bikes: 1997 Cannondale, 1976 Bridgestone, 1998 SoftRide, 1989 Klein, 1989 Black Lightning #0033

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 889 Post(s)
Liked 906 Times in 534 Posts
Originally Posted by Moisture
Luckily, your perspective is only yours and thats that. I'm sorry, but you are speaking such complete nonsense.

your ability not to spin fast is likely due to a wrong crank arm size and/or not a very smooth bottom bracket. Guaranteed you can make more torque at a higher cadence (ie. Generate much more power, more efficiently)
I think you've got torque and power mixed up, there. Torque is a measure of force, Power is force over time (work, roughly). You can make the same amount of power by applying lots of torque at low rpm, or lower torque at high rpm.

Everybody's physiology is a little different, and as such, has different strengths and weaknesses.

Some of us. Like LDL, and myself are better suited/trained/adapted to applying higher torque at lower cadence. For most people, it seems to be easier to go the other way.
When you get someone who can do both big power and high speed, you get someone like Mercx, Boardman, or Indurain very few people fall into that category.

Spinning faster has nothing to do with crank size. If I rode the kind of cranks you think you need, I'd look like The Ministry of Silly Walks
Likes For Ironfish653: