Old 01-03-22, 08:48 AM
tomgdaly
The Crank

Bikes: I think it's six at the moment, ranging from a Scott Foil to a 1979 TI Raleigh Team Edition

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by GhostRider62
I guess I interpreted OP's post wrong. He should get clearance. Trying to get 8 hours sleep on such an event is darned near impossible unless your initials are LH.

My average HR on a long brevet is often under 100 BPM and never above 120. My Cardiologists told me they would be more worried about orthopedic issues than cardiac doing such a long rides. Nonetheless, I do agree too many long distance events can be counterproductive. Interestingly, Mark T. had a coach helping him prepare for a Charly Miller ride and she cut his mileage and brevet schedule rather significantly. So, you have a good point Steamer.
“ My Cardiologists told me they would be more worried about orthopedic issues than cardiac doing such a long rides.” People don’t drop dead from orthopaedic issues.” That being said, you need to be careful to get advice from a cardiologist who knows what he/she is talking about - I.e. exercise physiology etc. some don’t (I know!) and will take the default position of ‘advising caution’.