Old 09-14-20, 07:50 AM
Hypno Toad
meh

Bikes: 23 Cutthroat, 21 CoMotion Java; 21 Bianchi Infinito; 15 Surly Pugsley; 11 Globe Daily; 09 Kona Dew Drop; 96 Mondonico

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1111 Post(s)
Liked 1,013 Times in 519 Posts
Originally Posted by I-Like-To-Bike
Is the Luther Honda dealership responsible for posting the no pedestrian/bicycle signs or were those signs posted by the local streets dept. or some other agency responsible for the road pictured and/or the detour?
Yes, this is the dealership's signage. I lead a bike/walk advocacy group in the city, we have city staff in our group and they confirmed this wasn't the city's signs. Additionally, another member of our group biked the the dealership interested in purchasing a vehicle, asked the sales person about the signage ... got some weak excuse and blame-talk about 'fast/dangerous bikes'; so he got back on his bike and went to another dealership to buy his car.

Edit/afterthought: The dealership I work with has a total different attitude about me biking to/from their dealership. They love that I'll drop a car and use a bike so that I don't use a loaner vehicle ... heck, they gave me a bike jersey with their branding, also, they have bike-commuters on staff.

Last edited by Hypno Toad; 09-14-20 at 07:56 AM.
Likes For Hypno Toad: