roadcrankr
Thread derailleur

Bikes: Merlin Extralight '94 & Cannondale Supersix '15

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 368 Post(s)
Liked 467 Times in 267 Posts
Originally Posted by Wallonthefloor
I always put my right leg down when I stop. I am now noticing knee pain when walking up stairs after my bike ride. I think Im over extending my leg a bit when putting my foot down.. should I just use my other leg sometimes or stand off the saddle?
Hi, there. I just wanted to go to the source in this thread to make sure you did not misunderstand what I wrote.
My aim was less about giving advice and more about ensuring you did not raise your saddle too high.
A couple other posters accused me of giving faulty advice. Or "advise" as one said a couple times. LOL
Anyway, they got a little twisted and I certainly did not wish you to fall into that category.
Incidentally, during my ride today, I found myself unclipping from either pedal and getting both my toe and cleat to the pavement without incident. Been doing it far too long that it's become second nature. That move, alone, seems unlikely to hurt someone's knee, in my opinion, but you never know if that's the case 100% of the time. The only thought that came to mind involves a cleat binding tension set too high, like maybe unclipping once it torqued your knee oddly.
All in all, hope you manage to determine the source and heal quickly. Take care.