Old 07-19-21, 03:08 PM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10440 Post(s)
Liked 11,914 Times in 6,101 Posts
I can tell you that addressing numbness in the hands is not always simple and straightforward. I got a new Canyon last year, and when I went for my first ride on it, I ran it with all the spacers under the stem. My hands kept getting numb, which was disheartening, having just spent that much on a bike I'd bought sight unseen, and choosing a size based on calculations from my other bikes. I measured it again, and found that the saddle-to-bar drop was about an inch less than my other bikes. So I moved the stem down 2.5 cm and the numbness problems went away.

One observation is you have a setback seatpost clamping the rails at the very front, so your saddle is WAY back. If you're riding on the hoods, can you sit up without pushing off the bar? Or remove your hands from the bar without falling forward?

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles
Likes For genejockey: