Thread: Jones H-Bar 2.5
View Single Post
Old 09-18-21, 09:16 AM
corwin1968

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked 32 Times in 18 Posts
I have a Jones 2.5 Loop bar on my bike and like it. The regular hood position on drop bars KILLS my hands, no matter how much I play with reach and height. The section of the loop bar where the brake levers attach, and just forward of that, are a decent recreation of a "hoods" position on a drop bar. The angle is quite comfortable, I can access my brakes and shifters (not 100% on the brakes, but enough that I feel safe) and I'm forward enough that I gain some aerodynamic benefit. I can also pull my hands back to the rear of the grips and I'm very upright.

The Jones bar also offers superb slow speed handling, which is one thing I never got with drop bars.

I WANT to like drop bars, but I can't get comfortable on the hoods and I don't like the slow speed maneuverability. The Jones Loop Bar is a great compromise that gives me the benefit of both a flat bar and a drop bar (I would never use the drops, anyway).

My "hood" position equivalent is having the tips of my thumbs inside the red circle, or even completely looped around that curved portion of the bar, hands on the controls.

Likes For corwin1968: