View Single Post
Old 06-19-22, 08:29 PM
sweeks

Bikes: Airborne "Carpe Diem", Motobecane "Mirage", Trek 6000, Strida 2, Dahon "Helios XL", Dahon "Mu XL", Tern "Verge S11i"

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 980 Post(s)
Liked 584 Times in 401 Posts
Originally Posted by Tourist in MSN
I bought my MKS Ezy pedals over a decade ago, I have no clue what model they are.

I am happy with them, but I should point out that my folder does not get a lot of miles on it so I can't talk about high mileage durability.
Those are "AR-2" as can be seen on the rear of the pedal. I have a couple pairs of these, one pair with over 15,000 miles on them. I ride in all kinds of weather (in Chicago) and my experience is that these pedals require a fair amount of lubrication service because the seals on the in-board bearings are not very good. Bearing service is straightforward, but I found that a good front mudflap goes a long way toward minimizing the need for service.
I use "strapless" toeclips, which do a nice job of ensuring a proper foot position and no slipping when the pedals are wet. The toe clip hangs down, which makes the pedal easy to slide into. Without straps, they are very easy to get out of.