Bah Humbug
serious cyclist

Bikes: S1, R2, P2

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9334 Post(s)
Liked 3,679 Times in 2,026 Posts
Originally Posted by datlas
I may have not been paying attention. Is your mom in Austin or in Colorado or elsewhere??
Mom is Boulder; ever since the first time after the pandemic any time we go up we stay with her. We used to stay at the Residence Inn, but after like five years it's somehow falling apart. Meanwhile, after that first time in 2021, the tenants renting out the main building of her house bought their own. That coincided with her arthritis getting bad enough for the first hip replacement, so moving out of her upstairs garage apartment into the single-level house was perfect timing. Now we stay above the garage, without a shared wall. It's the size of a studio apartment, but when I work I work in the back room of the house and AG uses the living room up there, so it works.

When things were stable there was a chance we'd stay there in an interim while selling and searching, but the one thing I don't see as a realistic outcome of the current scenario is housing spiking in the short-term. Thus, we wait, in a financial castle. At some point our employment situations will have more clarity and some sort of new normal emerge, and we can go from there.