Old 07-22-20, 05:07 AM
Yep
no cat contains

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked 142 Times in 75 Posts
Originally Posted by wktmeow
First week back to real training slightly derailed by work emergency that had me up til 4am.

Still, got about 7 hours in. Skipped a weight session and a z2 session, moved my vo2max session to Friday from weds. But I threw in a couple of runs. 3 hours solo with no coffee stop yesterday. I was going to do an ftp test up alpe du zwift today but I underestimated how much power I lost and started too hard, so I turned it into intervals and called it a day. Weights tonight, hoping I can get some good sleep and focus on eating healthier. My weight is lower than I thought it would be with all the weight training, was back down to 148 after today's ride.

Really hoping the fitness starts coming back, I hate feeling this slow. My 3 minute vo2 efforts were around my old FTP and I still struggled. Blah.
I think that right there is what will someday get me to permanently throw in the towel on racing. I love it now, but at some point I'll get that feeling, and instead of embarking on all the hard work to get back, I'll stop and realize I don't have to.