Old 06-17-22, 06:03 PM
cyclezen
OM boy

Bikes: a bunch

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 532 Post(s)
Liked 651 Times in 443 Posts
Aside from Saddle marketing BS, I think personal anatomy still controls what 'works' for any rider. And it's often little things. Being 'designed' for a certain position or riding quality will always be defined by the actual rider's butt... (and legs, and back).
Building in 'structures' like on the SQ LAB saddle, may often work in one way and be counter in another - as you found.
I won;t comment on the SQ LAB, because I've not ridden any example, but gravity can;t be overcome, and sitzbones are the ultimate support.
Saddles which offer, some small amount of easy fore/aft movement (usually less than 1 cm) work the best for me.
I don;t ever have a very upright posture, and rarely (these days) need a super aero posture.
Won't go into the details, cause riders has enough anatomic variation to make saddle companies happy.
Saddles have certainly 'improved' over the long run, but not every variation can be considered 'improvement.
Ride On
Yuri
.... the SQ LABs 'ledge' thing would prolly confirm my impression, after a ride...
Likes For cyclezen: