View Single Post
Old 10-27-20, 12:21 AM
VintageRide

Bikes: 1970 Gitane TDF; 1985 Norco Magnum GT ; 2013 Rawland Stag ; 1981 Fuji 650b; Early '80's Kuwahara Cascade

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked 156 Times in 55 Posts
Found this Apollo Kuwuhara near a dumpster while walking through the neighbourhood. It needs a lot of tlc, very rusty chain, bent left brake lever and best of all the forks are skewed to the side, not bent backwards and no real sign of other damage, I am certain they can be straightened though. Not sure of the model and looks to be around 1982 - 1984 or so. I believe the unicrown forks were almost in full use by 1985, had a top end Kuwuhara ( Sierra Grand ) that was so equipped.

It has TA knockoff crankset, Dia Compe brakes, Suntour Mountech front derailleur and a Shimano LX rear which I imagine was replaced at some point. Nitto alloy handlebars, nutted high flange hubs, basically appears to be around a mid level.

I never thought I would end up with another vintage mountain bike but should be good for local trails. I am now enjoying randonneur bikes but would be a nice project to bring this back to life, free is always a good start if it does not cost too much eventually.

Last edited by VintageRide; 10-29-20 at 12:17 PM.
Likes For VintageRide: