Old 03-08-21, 06:33 PM
roadwarrior16

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by T-Mar
Ishiwata's Magny was as series of tubests that used a carbon-manganese steel alloy which was positioned between hi-tensile and chromium-molybdenum (CrMo) steels in terms of tensile strength. Consequently, the material gauges used and the resulting weight, stiffness and resiliency typically fell between these two categories. In the early 1980s, butted carbon-manganese tubesets were responsible for increasing the value offered in the lower mid-range cataegory. Previously, this level had been dominated by bicycles with plain gauge CrMo or butted or lightweight hi-tensile tubesets. Carbon-manganese allowed for lighter, better ridng frames at this price point, that were closer to CrMo fames in characteristics than previous offerings.. The major factor was carbon-manganese's tolerance for a wider brazing termperature than CrMo, allowing for more automated construction, which was instrumental in reducing costs.

By the mid-1980s, a model with a carbon-manganese would typically have stood around the cross-over point between upper entry level and lower mid-range. I'd probaly place the Condor in the latter cataegory, based on the 700C wheelset, as there were a lot of similar models that were still spec'd 27" wheels. Original MSRP was $349.00 US. FYI, the proper name for the colour is Gios Blue, named after the Italian marque's signature/team colour.

Regarding the Azsora's seat post diameter, most posts typically have the diameter stamped on them. Generally, it is below the insertion mark, so you may have to remove and clean the post to find it.
As you expected....27.2 for the Azsora (picture below... yes, I cleaned it after the picture lol). So that confirms 022? (main triangle anyways?)

And what a wealth of knowledge, thank you! As someone in operations I can really appreciate the business decisions made back in the day based on the materials/processes available.

Also, if you ever need help compiling/organizing the information you have I'd be happy to help. I'm pretty decent with spreadsheets and such, so if its some sort of table / matrix / *insert idea* you want, I may be able to help.