Old 09-11-21, 06:19 PM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4420 Post(s)
Liked 4,873 Times in 3,017 Posts
Originally Posted by chaadster
But that’s my point, that the choices were all worse outcomes; there was no better choice that I can imagine.

I detailed upthread just a few of the problems created with other choices, but you’ve not proposed any alternate pathway, so I don’t know what more to tell you. And if you think it would be anything other than foolish for Spesh to furnish bikes to an unofficial dealer— at what, dealer prices?— then I really don’t know what to tell you. And what incentive is there for Pon to ink the deal with Mike’s while turning over the sale of hundreds of bikes to another company?

To be sure, I don’t **** about the actual deal, contractual obligations, or monies involved in any of this, so I’m just considering and talking biz basics here, but if you can weave a viable counter narrative where Spesh doesn’t cancel the orders, do explain it for me.
I simply don't see how Specialized are going to be very popular with those 400 customers who now have cancelled orders. They won't care why Specialized cancelled them. But I don't know anything about Mike's Bikes or the contract they had with Specialized. So I'm out.