Old 09-22-22, 07:41 PM
Random11

Bikes: 2019 Specialized Diverge, 2021 Cervelo Caledonia

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 258 Post(s)
Liked 378 Times in 197 Posts
Originally Posted by Carbonfiberboy
I've been doing a particular event ride in the Cascades since 2000, not every year, but many times.... Not too many hills in Florida, but one can simulate that on the flat, going hard for say 10' every half hour. Not the same as a hill though, because one would have to force the pace. But strength work is good for everyone, hills or no hills. Sarcopenia is a real thing. Good for you and keep at it!
I'm very impressed with your riding! Sounds like your performance is well beyond mine, and you are five years older. I hope to be going strong in five years (and ten years, and...), so riders like you are an inspiration for riders like me. Regarding hills, my daily ride is over rolling hills here in north Florida. No flat stretches, and maximum 10% grades, although for short distances. Most of the hills are shallow. I did my Century on a completely flat MUP, so the terrain was much less challenging than the rides I do most days. I'm not sure I have the discipline to do intervals, but the rolling hills I ride pretty much force me to.