Attilio

Bikes: Salsa!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked 63 Times in 39 Posts
Looking to Ride in Suffern NY

Hello Everyone;

During the winter my kids will have an all weekend fencing tournament in Suffern NY. I have different bikes available but my carbon road bike will NOT be on the table due to winter conditions. So I can choose either my gravel all rounder beater bike for road/light trails or MTB for more serious trail riding. I notice there are mountains and trails north of there but it's hard to make out what is accessible. A lot what looks like power lines (my favorite) is gas line but it's SUPER steep going up. A few miles north there look to be some lakes with fire roads accessing them but a google car view shows there are gates though not necessarily no trespassing or no access situations. Obviously with more than a few inches of snow in the winter I would not be riding the trails. I can do light snow but not 2 feet that's not doable even in a fat bike.

I am trying to cobble a route together and figure out where it's worth riding and what places to see. Would the fire roads leading to the lakes be ploughed? Anyone from the area or has visited there and can advise me of what is allowable, what is worth it, and which bike to bring accordingly, Gravel or MTB?