View Single Post
Old 12-01-22, 09:25 PM
Camilo

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1109 Post(s)
Liked 1,200 Times in 760 Posts
Please excuse me if I'm too thick to understand this. I have a hard time visualizing this incident. If the driver is heading west on St. Clair and turns north (right) onto Yonge, how can they hit a cyclist going east crossing Yonge? (see my crude drawing).

Is the protected bike lane mentioned above at the edge of the westbound lane and have two way travel, causing the eastbound cyclist to go against westbound traffic, and therefore in front of the truck turning right? Or was the cyclist in a crosswalk crossing Yonge, again, against the traffic?

I could easily understand if the cyclist was also going west on St. Clair crossing (or about to cross) Yonge - that would be a classic right hook. But the description says he was going the opposite direction to the truck.

Thanks for the clarification. I'm sincerely not trying to comment on the incident. I'm using "against traffic" not to imply any error on the cyclist's fault, just to describe the relative directions involved. I couldn't understand the description of the collision. It's a horrible tragedy and my personal assumption (worth any assumption) is a probably criminally careless driver.

Last edited by Camilo; 12-01-22 at 09:30 PM.