View Single Post
Old 06-06-21, 05:14 PM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10445 Post(s)
Liked 11,930 Times in 6,105 Posts
I just picked up a 1982 Lotus Classique I found on FB Marketplace. Turns out the seller was the original owner, bought it back in Boston in '82, moved out to California with it, and didn't ride it much in the ensuing 39 years. I presume the hoods disintegrated, but otherwise, it had what appear to be the original tires - they're the same ones depicted in the 1981 catalog page I found online (note that I replaced the rear tire, on which the bead had pulled out of the rim on both sides at the valve area.) Still has the front and rear reflectors, with the front mount serving as a spacer in the headset and the rear working like the concave curved washer used to mount tear brakes on round brake bridges. Still has the original chain guard. Still has the dork disk, though I removed it to clean it, and it ended up looking damn near new! The paint is still at least semi-gloss, and the aluminum isn't all oxidized.

Here's the catalog page:

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles
Likes For genejockey: