View Single Post
Old 09-27-21, 03:27 AM
poiuyt

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by roguex
Hi, I'm looking at getting a 2022 Dual Sport 3 when they are in stock and was wondering what's the biggest size tire I can fit with fenders. I saw a guy on youtube say he put 2" or 50c tires on there but he said it was a bit tight. Trek say max is 45c with fenders though. Just wondering what users here have managed to use. Thanks
Trek says 2.1/55mm max without fenders ...but a point to bear in mind is that the rims might not be optimal for so wide tires. I have a 2020 DS 3, the stock rims have a 17mm inside width, I don't know if they kept this spec in the 2022. According to a chart of WTB that I cannot link to, fitting anything larger than 30mm is suboptimal (included the stock tires...).

That being said, I don't know what you plan to do with your bike (more on the leasure side or the sport side), but to my experience, the DS is in the same niche as gravel bike, a bit more on the "off-road side", but not much more. The transmission is not spec'ed to go with the kind of terrain that goes with the wider tires, if you go the sporty way. For leasury ride, it should be fine though.

Last edited by poiuyt; 09-27-21 at 03:51 AM.