View Single Post
Old 09-13-22, 04:58 AM
ehcoplex 

Bikes: '38 Schwinn New World, ’69 Peugeot PX-10, '72 Peugeot PX-10, ‘7? Valgan, '78 Raleigh Comp GS, ’79 Holdsworth Pro, ’80 Peugeot TH-8 tandem, '87 Trek 400T, ‘7? Raleigh Sports, ‘7? Raleigh Superbe, ‘6? Hercules

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 761 Post(s)
Liked 1,563 Times in 757 Posts
Originally Posted by 1964Supersport
I'm a little confused when you say I have a stem that is to long. Everything is original, I am the original owner and no one else has had this bike. I was a very young boy when I got the bike. The bike shop could have made adjustments to accommodate me.
Whether the stem & bars are original is beside the point when it comes to fit. Fit is determined by individual physiology. Stock stem/bar choice by the manufacturer is determined by overall bike design, intended use, 'average' physiology of the expected buyers and/or what was available at the time for the price-point of the bike. No amount of tweaking the bar angle and brake lever position will make you comfortable if the stem & bar reach just too long. There are purists who would disagree (Originality must be maintained at ALL COSTS!! ), but if the bike is to be a 'rider', there is no C&V shame in swapping out the bars and stem for a setup that fits you better!
Likes For ehcoplex: