rsbob 
Grupetto Bob

Bikes: Bikey McBike Face

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2651 Post(s)
Liked 5,823 Times in 2,999 Posts
Originally Posted by zymphad
Not surprising since I would guess cycling is a big part of transportation in Germany. I see very few electric bikes around me since cycling is more hobby than transportation. People too afraid to ride a bike around here in general. Was sad to see Peloton sales skyrocket but my co-workers who bought it said they would never ride a real bike since they are afraid of drivers.

I still can't fathom good reason to have motors on MTB, gravel or road bikes. But on bike for daily transportation, makes a lot of sense.
Agree with most of what you say. I live in a mountain biking meca - trails right out the front door for miles. The hills here are also steep and take a lot out of one to get to the prime single track. I can definitely see how a motor would be highly advantageous, to get the most runs in. A good comparison would be walking up a ski-hill versus riding a chair lift. A motor might be cheating, but it certainly doesn’t hurt when doing 7-17% climbs on a mile +. No one uses their motors on the way down - it would be suicidal. But you do you. 😁

Likes For rsbob: