View Single Post
Old 04-11-23, 05:51 PM
GhostRider62

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2333 Post(s)
Liked 2,097 Times in 1,314 Posts
Originally Posted by downtube42
The next three weekends I'm intending to ride a 400k, 300k and a Fleche. The first two are PBP qualifiers, so pretty much needed. This on the heels of a three weeks of business travel including a week sick in a hotel with COVID. I have 50 miles of riding in the last month.

It's going to be rough.

GL, hope it works.

I have not fully recovered from early December Covid. FTP is down about 75 watts and Rando pace power is down by about 60 watts. Family Doc, Cardiologist, and Pulmonologist all told me to ride (I took 2 full weeks off and then not so hard for the past 3 months). Maybe I should have beat those bugs into submission with 300, 400, and a Fleche over three weeks. No way I could do what you are doing but you're only 42 and on a bent, so, you won't get beat up much. GL

I did 300k last weekend and it was the first time I can ever remember finishing a 300k with gilet, ankle straps, and lights on. The later portion of the ride had what felt like bombed out roads, and my cervical spine was screaming for the recumbent. Funny is I used to ride that area in the 80's when it was mostly farms and now it is just suburban sprawl, and quite an eye opener. Rare that I finish a brevet and to be really happy it is over but to be fair, all of the suck was me. I question myself on whether I did the right things with Covid recovery. And, I come up short with answers. I hope your return trajectory is much better.